The Lake Union Herald first went to press on November 4, 1908.
The publication of the Lake Union Herald is for the purpose of filling a long-felt need of a medium of communication between the conferences and laborers of the Lake Union Conference ; to aid in unifying the work in all lines of Christian endeavor; and to keep the members of the churches throughout the Union informed as to advance methods of conducting missionary work. We feel confident of the interest of the people of this conference in the different lines of work to be represented in the Herald, and that they will welcome the news of its publication.
The Lake Union Herald was the first Adventist Union publication of its kind, meant to share evangelism methods, messages of encouragement and news. Now what once was an 8-page weekly publication, has transformed into a beautiful 40-page magazine filled with stories and news from across the Lake Union. We invite you to take a virtual walk back through our history starting in November 1908 all the way to today.